- Understand business objectives and requirements
- Provide estimates for DevOps tasks
- Configure project staging / production hosting infrastructure
- Ensure implementation of CI with git.buildateam.io
- Deploy projects
- Set up hosting monitoring when necessary (NewRelic)
- Respond to project downtime due to hosting issues
- Ensure project backups (code on git / database dumps / media backup)
- Manage VPN access
- Plan for disaster recovery
- If the task takes more time than estimated – stop work – report about the delay and reason to the project manager. Wait for an approval to continue work
- Daily update project tasks (status, progress, questions, comments) and project wiki (logins, asset links)
- Ask questions. Raise concerns. Make recommendations.
- Common specializations and skills:Kubernetes Experience, ability to communicate clearly with developers and management, knowledge of modern software architectures, solid understanding of: Code Control, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure Automation, Virtualization, Orchestration, Linux server administration, disaster recovery and backups, remote support, excellent documentation skills, advanced shell scripting is nice to have, knowledge of programming languages such as c/cpp/c#, perl, python, js is a big plus.
Knowledge of monitoring platforms such as New Relic and Stackdriver is a big plus.
Experience with Google Cloud/Google Container Engine is a very big plus since we run on Google k8s. Experience with AWS is a plus ( we have some clients on aws )
Intermediate-advanced linux knowledge is required. Docker skills are required. Kubernetes knowledge is required. Must be able to provide emergency support after-hours within 1 hour notice.
- Tools and technologies: k8s, docker, ansible, chef, mysql, mongodb, tcp/ip networking, nginx, debian, redhat, gitlab.
Learn more about other project roles:
- Product Owners:
- Have a vision and convey that vision to the team.
- Business Analysts:
- Offer top-level technical solutions to business problems and objectives
- Project Managers:
- Manage delivery of multiple projects from receiving the requirements to successful release
- UX/UI Designers:
- Are primarily concerned with how the product feels and how the product is laid out
- Digital Marketers:
- Develop a strategy used in marketing a company’s product online
- Team Leads:
- Manages and leads a team of experts
- Database Administrators:
- Design and optimize performance, integrity and security of databases
- Backend Developers:
- Build and maintain server-side of an application, which includes the server-side of the application, and the database
- Frontend Developers:
- Build the frontend, or client-side of an application
- QA Engineers:
- Design and implement manual or automation tests that help debug the application